Regional exclusivity and selected members only
In order to ensure that our members can always rely on the right partners with local expertise, we believe that regional exclusivity is key. This is why we only accept a limited amount of 2 members per country or region, one for sea and one for air. For major economies, we might ocasionally make the exception to allow a third member. In the case of small countries or regions, the number of members will be restricted to one.
Multiple membership protection
Since Apollo is an exclusive network reserved for the very best in the forwarding industry, we want to control the number of members per region. Hence, we implemented a multiple membership protection, in order to prevent network saturation and heavy internal competition. This makes Apollo really unique within the freight forwarding industry and amongst networkers.
Clear rules and regulations
In order to maintain our standard of excellence, members are obliged to adhere to our rules and regulations, which are clearly outlined in our code of ethics. Our Payment Protection Program (3P) and arbitration system further prevents misuse.
Code of Ethics
Below, you will find our code of ethics, which our Apollo members follow with great commitment:
- Apollo members refrain from back-selling to each other’s customers both at country of origin and country of destination.
- Apollo members commit to contribute to the goals of the network, as outlined in the concept details.
- Apollo members commit to support the running programs offered by the network (container incentive programs, insurance programs, …) as much as possible.
- Apollo members commit to honor the rules and regulations set by both the network and FIATA in respect of the usage of the Atlas Line house bills of lading.
- Apollo members commit to honor the rules and regulations set by the USA Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) and from any other national or international shipping, forwarding or maritime association.
- Apollo members commit to reply to all freight inquiries within 48 hours, if possible even within 24 hours.
- Apollo members commit to reply to all sales leads within 72 hours.
- Apollo members commit to pay their membership fees and any other dues linked to Apollo programs or conferences in a timely manner, and not later than 30 days after invoice date.
- Apollo members commit to attend the annual Apollo World Conference.
- Apollo members commit to work closely together in a friendly family atmosphere, while respecting each other’s culture, religion and political situation.
Respectful payment attitude
Since the Apollo Exclusive cargo alliance is built on trust, we truly believe it is essential that our members treat each other with respect. This also implies a respectful payment attitude. Our special Payment Protection Program (3P) guarantees our members they are in good hands.